Hi all ,
I have few queries about fence working.
I am using 2 different the 2 node cluster with Dell and IBM
hardware in two different IDC.
Recently I came across the network failure problem at different
time and I found my 2 nodes are power off state.
Below is how the situation happened with my 2 different 2 node
With 2 node
cluster with SAN :--
1) Network connectivity was failed totally for few minutes.
2) And as per the /var/log/messages both servers failed to fence
to each other and both server was UP as it is with all services.
3) But the "clustat" was showing serves are not in cluster mode
and "regmanger" status was stop.
4) I simply reboot the server.
5) After that I found both server in power off stat.
with another 2 node Dell server with DRBD :--
connectivity was failed totally.
2) DRAC ip was unavailable so fence failed from both server.
3) after some time I fond the servers are shutdown.
In normal conditions both cluster work properly
my queries are
1) What could be the reason for power off ?
2) Does cluster's fencing method caused for the power off of
server ( i.e because of previous failed fence ) ?
3) Is there any test cases mentioned on net / blog / wiki about
the fence , i.e different situation under which fence works.
Thanks & Regards
Linux-cluster mailing list
Linux-cluster redhat com