[Linux-cluster] DLM tuning

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Wed Jan 25 21:00:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,

  EL6 DLM question. Beginning adventures in DLM tuning... :)

  I am trying to optimize DLM for use on nodes which can hit the disks
hard and fast. Specifically, clustered LVM with many LVs hosting many
VMs where the VMs are simultaneously disk i/o intensive. I am testing
though with bonnie++ to induce a high load on a GFS2 partition though.

  The problem I am seeing is that when one process (bonnie++ running a
test on one node) hammers DLM, it causes long delays on another node
trying to, for example, run 'ls -lah'. Is there a way to tweak DLM to
allow better response from other nodes trying to access the same lock-space?

Thanks!

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com