[Linux-cluster] Preventing clvmd timeouts

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 14:02:06 UTC 2012

My first thought is that since a two node cluster is at best a misnomer,
then clvmd won't work as expected since it might require the operational
semantics of a proper quorum based cluster (three nodes/votes or better).
That's how I understand it anyway so if anyone has info the contrary,
please chime in and correct me. If it work as I think it does, then perhaps
the devs could insert a check to ensure all pre reqs are met before even
attempting this and spitting out the appropriate message?

One thing you could take advantage of is qdiskd in order to attain a quorum
based cluster with two nodes. It's not an ideal solution but it can work
quite nicely if you are limited to two nodes.

If it will in fact work properly with a two node "cluster" then it could be
the result of a node being fenced and not acknowledged properly?

Not much help but some things to think about.

-C