Re: [Linux-cluster] Why RHEV 3.0 does not use GFS2?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Jankowski, Chris
<Chris Jankowski hp com> wrote:
> I am curious why the designers of RHEV V3.0 did not use GFS2 for their
> shared storage.  It seems that this would be a natural choice.  Instead RHEV
> 3.0 allows either NFS or raw shared LUNs, I believe.
>
> Anybody has some thoughts on this subject?

I'm GUESSing that:
- it's simpler that way (i.e. no need to setup fence, cman, etc). This
is different from ocfs2 which can work without additional manual
fencing setup involved
- The performance is better

--
Fajar