Re: [Linux-cluster] Options for fencing at the node level .

On 06/28/2012 09:32 PM, Zama Ques wrote:
Hi All ,

I need to setup HA clustering using redhat cluster suite on two nodes , primary concern being high availability . Before trying it on production , I am trying to configure the setup on two desktop machines . For storage , I am creating a partition and sharing the partition as a iscsi target on a third machine . Would like to know what are the options for fencing available at the node level  .  I tried going through the conga interface for creating a
shared fence device , I could see one option is using GNBD . virtual machine fencing is there in the list but that is for xen based HA
cluster . scsi fencing is there , but as far as what I understand it does not support iscsi target as of now. Manual fencing is also there , and I am planning to use that , but would like to  know is there any other options are available for fencing at node level ?

SCSI fencing will work with iscsi if the iscsi target is SPC-3 compliant. The target must also support the preempt-and-abort SCSI subcommand. It really depends on what iscsi target you are using. I've used fence_scsi with iscsi a few times and it has worked, but I know that some iscsi targets have problems.

Ryan