Re: [Linux-cluster] 2-node or degraded 3-nodes?

On 7/12/2012 11:52 AM, Denis  Medvedev wrote:
> If I will plan to add more nodes later, but have only 2 right now,
> is it better to make 2-nodes cluster or degraded 3 nodes?
> I recently heard that you cannot add more nodes to 2-nodes cluster
> without a clusterwide reboot.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

In your position, I would make a 2 node cluster and the schedule
downtime to add more nodes later on.

The downtime will give you time to test the new nodes, test service
relocation, fencing and so on... that no matter how good you are as
sysadmin, it´s good practice to do before placing the cluster in
production anyway.

Fabio