[Linux-cluster] Quorum device brain the cluster when master lose network

GouNiNi gounini.geekarea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:43:25 UTC 2012

Hello,

I did some tests on 4 nodes cluster with quorum device and I find a bad situation with one test, so I need your knowledges to correct my configuration.

Configuation:
4 nodes, all vote for 1
quorum device vote for 1 (to hold services with minimum 2 nodes up)
cman expected votes 5

Situation:
I shut down network on 2 nodes, one of them is master.

Observation:
Fencing of one node (the master)... Quorum device Offline, Quorum disolved ! Services stopped.
Fenced node reboot, cluster is quorate, 2nd offline node is fenced. Services restart.
2nd node offline reboot.

My cluster is not quorate for 8 min (very long hardware boot :-) and my services were offline.

Do you know how to prevent this situation?

  .`'`.   GouNiNi
 :  ': :
 `. ` .`  GNU/Linux
   `'`    http://www.geekarea.fr