[Linux-cluster] Named pipes not working on GFS2 in Redhat 5.x

Pietrzak, Piotr (CMS rtBSS) piotr.pietrzak at hp.com
Tue Jul 31 14:55:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have got a problem with named pipes (fifo files)on GFS2 shared filesystem. I can't use them on single machine (mean write and read on the single host in cluster).

It works well on GFS and local FS like ext3. I have tried to upgrade kernel version to 5.8 as it seems the problem has been addressed but the issue remain as it was before.

The bug registered is under id 450276, can anybody knows where the compiled resolution can be found

Regards
Piotr