[Linux-cluster] Connection Reset when trying to brorwse luci web interface

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 10:26:51 UTC 2012

On 26/05/12 19:12 +0100, fosiul alam wrote:
> Hi

Hello Fosiul,

> I am trying cluster in my lab and I have 3 nodes.
>
> in 1st node, i have installed luci as
>
> yum install luci
> then
> luci_admin init
>
> then service luci restart
>
> Now when i am trying to browse the web interface
> https://clstr1:8084/
>
> from mozilla or internet explorer ,
> its ask for Certificate but after that , its say: Connection reset  .

To make the context clear, I can see (from luci_admin usage) you are
talking about luci used in RHEL 5 (Plone-based).

What is not clear to me is the exact reproducer.
I haven't encountered anything like this so far.

Do you actually accept the certificate[*] for luci?  And this is then
followed by "Connection reset"?  Is it this message browser-specific,
or displayed as a plain page (i.e., you can find this message in
the source of the page)?

And does /var/lib/luci/log/event.log contain anything suspicious
such as tracebacks?  Only messages after "Zope Ready to handle requests"
(and "Plone Deprecation Warning") are important here.

Also, could you be more specific about the web browsers?

[*] It is unrecognized as opposed to common public websites;  simply
because there is no recognized certification authority behind
the certificate.

> So the luci web page is not comming
> Can any one tell me why ?

Please, see that log file and provide browsers details to track
down the issue.
You can also try (change IP address/hostname appropriately):

$ LUCIHOST=192.168.122.243
$ wget --no-check-certificate -q -S --spider "https://${LUCIHOST}:8084/luci/doc"

The result should look something like ("200 OK" status code is important):

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Server: Zope/(Zope 2.9.8-final, python 2.4.3, linux2) ZServer/1.1 Plone/2.5.5