[Linux-cluster] Problem with ping as an heuristic with qdiskd

emmanuel segura emi2fast at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:56:56 UTC 2012

I know the cluster agent /usr/share/cluster/ip.sh cannot check the gateway

I resolved this problem with one script in my service group, so when the
script fail the resource switch

 <script file="/usr/share/cluster/neighbour_RMAN.bash"
name="neigh_gtw_rman"/>
script
#!/bin/bash

NEIGHBOUR=xx.xxx.xxx.x

LC_ALL=C
LANG=C
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
export LC_ALL LANG PATH

. $(dirname $0)/ocf-shellfuncs

case $1 in
start)
        exit $OCF_SUCCESS
        ;;
stop)
        exit $OCF_SUCCESS
        ;;
status|monitor)
        /bin/ping -c 5 -w 6 -t 4 $NEIGHBOUR
        if [ $? -ne 0 ];
        then
                ocf_log warn "Damn, failed to ping $NEIGHBOUR"
                exit $OCF_ERR_GENERIC
        fi

        ocf_log debug "Ping to $NEIGHBOUR succeeded :]"
        exit $OCF_SUCCESS
        ;;
restart)
        exit $OCF_SUCCESS
        ;;
*)
        echo "usage: $0 [start|stop|status|restart|meta-data]"
        exit $OCF_ERR_ARGS
        ;;
esac