[Linux-cluster] help

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue May 29 19:46:41 UTC 2012

On 05/29/2012 02:54 AM, AKIN ÿffffffffffd6ZTOPUZ wrote:
>     Hello
>
> I need configuration steps about 2 nodes  rhel(5) cluster with quorum disk .
>
> my config   like that  :
>
> each node has 1 vote
> quorum disk has 1 vote
> cman expected vote is 3
> quorum will be protected in 2 votes  so when one node is down cluster
> will be up
>
> whats other things should I care about it  in cluster config?
>
> thanks in advance

First off, I *strongly* recommend using RHEL6, not 5. There have been
many improvements, plus, EL6 will be supported longer.

What are you trying to do with your cluster? I suspect that a quorum
disk is not necessary, though if you have a SAN anyway, I wouldn't argue
against using it. Unless you need the heuristics though, it's probably
not needed. You can safely build a 2-node cluster, you just need to make
sure your fence devices work (which is needed, regardless).

I have a tutorial that shows how to implement a cluster using cman,
clvmd and other components. It also discusses the cluster components
from a high-level, which may help.

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

--
Digimer