[Linux-cluster] Thin (sparse) provisioning

Phil Daws uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Nov 19 21:58:54 UTC 2012

Hello:

am learning about clustering with DRBD and GFS2 and have a question about thin provisioning.  I would like to set up a number of individual vservers that reside on their own LVs which can then be shared between two nodes and flipped backwards and forwards using Pacemaker.  When setting up the block/lvm device for DRBD I have used:

lvcreate --virtualsize 1T --size 10G --name vserver01 vg1

once that has been added as a resource would I perform a standard mkfs.gfs2 or do I need to specify any further options; I was thinking something like:

mkfs.gfs2 -t vservercluster:vservers -p lock_dlm -j 2 /dev/vservermirror/vserver01

Is that the way I should be doing it ?

Thanks.