Re: [Linux-cluster] Thin (sparse) provisioning

any help of this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Daws" <uxbod splatnix net>
To: Linux-cluster redhat com
Sent: Monday, 19 November, 2012 9:58:54 PM
Subject: [Linux-cluster] Thin (sparse) provisioning

Hello:

am learning about clustering with DRBD and GFS2 and have a question about thin provisioning. I would like to set up a number of individual vservers that reside on their own LVs which can then be shared between two nodes and flipped backwards and forwards using Pacemaker. When setting up the block/lvm device for DRBD I have used:

lvcreate --virtualsize 1T --size 10G --name vserver01 vg1

once that has been added as a resource would I perform a standard mkfs.gfs2 or do I need to specify any further options; I was thinking something like:

mkfs.gfs2 -t vservercluster:vservers -p lock_dlm -j 2 /dev/vservermirror/vserver01

Is that the way I should be doing it ?

Thanks.