[Linux-cluster] LVM cannot initilize

Shanti Pahari shanti.pahari at sierra.sg
Tue Oct 9 09:07:10 UTC 2012

Hi Bryn,

>From example:
On each cluster node, edit /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and change the volume_list
field to
match the boot volume (myvg) and name of the node cluster interconnect
(ha-web1).
This restricts the list of volumes available during system boot to only
the root volume
and prevents cluster nodes from updating and potentially corrupting the
metadata on
the HA-LVM volume:
volume_list = [ "myvg", "@ha-web1" ]

so I added volume_list = [ " vg_pdcpicpl01 " , "@PDC-PIC-PL-01" ]

PDC-PIC-PL-01 : is my hostname

# dracut --hostonly --force /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)
# shutdown -r now "Activating ramdisk LVM changes"

Reboot

I have /dev/HA-Web-VG/ha-web-lv also, but after reboot I cannot initialize
my volume it throws  nor create logical volume
lvcreate gets error message "not activating volume group lv does not pass
activation filter"