Re: [Linux-cluster] cannot run cluster service

On 10/10/2012 12:06 AM, Shanti Pahari wrote:
I have cluster setup with 2 node and created web cluster service on it but it cannot run.

I have not listed anything in lvm.conf volume_list because once I add anything in volume_list and reboot the system then I cannot mount and even cannot read the lv which I created for my web . It throws error as

error message "not activating volume group lv does not pass activation filter"

Therefore I didn’t add anything in lvm.conf . Then I try to start my cluster servers for web server but the service failed.

I've seen this failure too when building my cluster. You either need to add the system's volume groups to volume_list, or tag the system's vgs with the @hostname so it can still activate them.
e.g.
    volume_list = [ "vg_pdcpicpl01", "@PDC-PIC-PL-CL1", "@PDC-PIC-PL-CL2" ]
on one node and
    volume_list = [ "vg_pdcpicpl02", "@PDC-PIC-PL-CL1", "@PDC-PIC-PL-CL2" ]
on the other. Next it will complain about initrd being older than lvm.conf, so I've been running
# mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`
Not sure if that's the right command but it works for me =)

One of these days I'm going to tag the system's vgs properly so I can use the same lvm.conf across the nodes. I think it's something like
lvchange --addtag PDC-PIC-PL-CL1 vg_pdcpicpl01/lv_root
etc...

By the way, to display how things are tagged, you have to do
lvs -o +tags
I wish it displayed them in lvdisplay, but it doesn't.

-- Andrew