Re: [Linux-cluster] CMAN nodes in different LANs

I tried using public IP as well as names like 'ec2-node-1.amazonaws.com' which is resolved to an IP by DNS lookup. In both cases I get the same error I mentioned earlier.
If I give the internal IP of the node where I'm trying to run the CMAN service, the service starts, but I still cannot get it to resolve the other node since the other node is in a different network.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Digimer <lists alteeve ca> wrote:
On 10/17/2012 09:12 AM, Terance Dias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're trying to create a cluster in which the nodes lie in 2 different
> LANs. Since the nodes lie in different networks, they cannot resolve the
> other node by their internal IP. So in my cluster.conf file, I've provided
> their external IPs. But now when I start CMAN service, I get the following
> error.
>
> NOTE: fencing is not shown, you must configure fencing appropriately for
> your cluster.

You do need fencing. Without *working* fencing, the first time something
goes wrong, your cluster will hang (by design).

> <cluster name="test-cluster" config_version="18">
>   <!-- The cluster has 2 nodes. Each has a unique nodid and one vote
>        for quorum. -->
>   <clusternodes>
>     <clusternode name="*external-ip-1*" nodeid="1"/>
>     <clusternode name="*external-ip-2*" nodeid="2"/>

You need to use names and these names need to resolve to an IP.
Whichever interface that IP matches will be used for cluster
communications. The ideal is to use `uname -n` from each node, though
this is more convention that a requirement.

--
Digimer
access to education?