[Linux-cluster] Ricci doesn't work

Chip Burke CBurke at innova-partners.com
Thu Sep 6 15:11:17 UTC 2012

Well that was an easy enough fix finally. I thought perhaps the password
for the VMWare fence account was the issue and updated cluster.conf with a
place holder password of 'password'. Ricci would not work. So I updated
the actual ricci user account to use a password of 'password' and
restarted Ricci on all of the nodes. Ricci now works. So indeed, it
certainly did not like a character in the password I was using which was
65peC&E$taFRE&U. In all likelihood the & was the problem character. To
confirm that hypothesis, I changed the Ricci password to 65peC&E$taFREU
and everything still worked as expected. So there is our answer. From your
stand point I don't know if that needs to be coded around or what, but at
least we know how to reproduce the issue.

Thanks again for sticking with me on this even if the cause was somewhat
silly.

Chip Burke