[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [Linux-cluster] Ricci doesn't work



I only eliminated the second & and that was all it took. My guess is this
is some edge case where the two &s in the string made it break where as a
single & did not cause things to escape or what have you.

All that said, thanks again!
________________________________________
Chip Burke







On 9/6/12 2:32 PM, "Jan Pokorný" <jpokorny redhat com> wrote:

>On 06/09/12 15:11 +0000, Chip Burke wrote:
>> Well that was an easy enough fix finally. I thought perhaps the password
>> for the VMWare fence account was the issue and updated cluster.conf
>>with a
>> place holder password of 'password'. Ricci would not work. So I updated
>> the actual ricci user account to use a password of 'password' and
>> restarted Ricci on all of the nodes. Ricci now works. So indeed, it
>> certainly did not like a character in the password I was using which was
>> 65peC&E$taFRE&U. In all likelihood the & was the problem character.
>
>Bull's eye.
>
>> On 9/6/12 6:11 AM, "Jan Pokorný" <jpokorny redhat com> wrote:
>>> The easiest explanation is that this XML is not well-formed, which
>>> would boil down to your obfuscated password (not offending it,
>>> it's highly reasonable).  Did you password contain any XML-nonfriendly
>>> character, such as one of '<>"&'?  If so, could you please try digits,
>>> ASCII letters and surely-safe characters only (dot, dash, etc.)?
>
>Admittedly, this obstacle should be easier to track down, if allowed
>to exist at all (see bellow).
>
>> To confirm that hypothesis, I changed the Ricci password to
>>65peC&E$taFREU
>> and everything still worked as expected.
>
>Once at it, it should have been "65peCE$taFREU" (no & char), shouldn't
>it?
>
>> From your stand point I don't know if that needs to be coded around or
>>what,
>> but at least we know how to reproduce the issue.
>
>Thanks for bringing up this part we should be more careful about.
>As a starter, I filed these bugs:
>
>- ricci (needs to understand the XML entities properly)
>  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=855121
>
>(clients need to do a proper encoding into XML entities)
>- luci:     https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=855112
>- ccs:      https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=855117
>- ccs_sync: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=855120
>
>Also based on studying some relevant parts of the ricci's code,
>I've added a few private suggestions under the umbrella of bug 849233.
>
>> Thanks again for sticking with me on this even if the cause was somewhat
>> silly.
>
>To be fair enough, no matter how unprobable the reason of not working
>correctly is (let's keep complex configuration errors aside), one
>can expect such things self-evident (via the messages, logs, etc.),
>not as an exercise left to the user and indirectly back to the
>maintainer :-)
>
>Thanks,
>Jan
>
>--
>Linux-cluster mailing list
>Linux-cluster redhat com
>https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]