[Linux-cluster] 2 node cluster showing strange behaviour

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Sep 18 02:03:29 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 04:56 PM, Ben .T.George wrote:
> HI
>
> my cman_tool status is showing multicast IP address like below:
>
> Multicast addresses : 239.192.140.34
>
> i tried to ping on this IP.but it's not pining..i don't know more about
> multicast configuration..
>
> please help me to check multicast more.

Multicast IPs do not represent a specific machine, but a group. Think of
multicast as a sort of "mailing list"; A machine "subscribes" to the
multicast group and the switch then says "right, when a packet comes in
addressed to the multicast group, forward a copy to all subscribed
machines". With Cisco, you need to create persistent multicast groups in
the switch, if I recall correctly (I don't use Cisco myself).

In your case though, you're showing "cgceccprd1.combinedgroup.net" as
"Offline" from both nodes, so the cluster is simply not starting.

Can you paste your cluster.conf please? Also, can you run 'tail -f -n 0
/var/log/messages' in a terminal on cgceccprd1, try to start the
cluster, wait for it to fail and then paste the output along with your
configuration?

This might help (the "Overview" section at the start, if nothing else).
There is a sample cluster.conf there.

https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

hope that helps

--