Re: [Linux-cluster] Problem with rgmanager / rgmanager #37: Error receiving header from 2 sz=0 CTX 0x1f5d420

On 09/21/2012 06:39 AM, Ralf Aumueller wrote:
On 09/20/2012 07:54 PM, Digimer wrote:
On 09/20/2012 12:21 PM, Ralf Aumueller wrote:

we have a two node CentOS6.2 Cluster (rgmanager- After a reboot of
node2 the cluster won't work as expected. On node2 clustat just say's :

Cluster Status for cluster1 @ Thu Sep 20 17:06:02 2012
Member Status: Quorate

   Member Name                                                 ID   Status
   ------ ----                                                 ---- ------
   node1                                                       1 Online
   node2                                                       2 Online, Local

No services listed, no rgmanager running. Also it is not possible to
start/migrate any services to node2.

On node1 a clustat lists all configured services + under Status rgmanager on
both nodes. On node1 the rgmanager.log has lots of:
rgmanager #37: Error receiving header from 2 sz=0 CTX 0x1XXXXXX

On node2 the rgmanager.log gives me:
rgmanager #34: Cannot get status for service ...

I did not change the cluster.conf. Only change on node2 was: +48MB and an new
BIOS version -- recommend by Dell Support).

Best regards,

Sounds like you hit this bug:

Update rgmanager to rgmanager- and you should be ok.

Did an update of rgmanager on both nodes. Just stopping/starting the
cluster-services didn't revolve the problem. A shutdown of both nodes an then a
restart solves the problem.

Thanks and best regards,

If I recall correctly, I had to also reboot after the update was applied. Now that I've been able to remember better, I think this was caused by the leep second some time back. That leep second hit a lot of programs, and I believe this includes stuff in the kernel itself.

Glad it's resolved!

Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.ca