[Linux-cluster] Cluster Shut Down Procedures

Jakov Sosic jsosic at srce.hr
Wed Apr 3 18:11:02 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 07:43 PM, Krampach, Stephen wrote:
> I hate to ask simple questions however, I’ve been perusing
>
> books and blogs for two hours and have no definitive procedure;
>

> We are having a power outage. What is the procedure to completely
>
> shut down and power off a Red Hat 6.3 cluster?

I would personally stop all the HA services first (clusvcadm disable),
and after that shutdown node by node.

If you have auto-poweron in BIOS, I would recommend also disabling
rgmanager and cman for the next startup, to avoid multiple poweron/offs
in case of unstable power supply

(chkconfig rgmanager off && chkconfig cman off).

After the power is restored, and power supply is stable, I would just
turn everything back on.