[Linux-cluster] cman error in corosync

M delpheye at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:09:43 UTC 2013

I have a 4 node cluster that's running correctly aside frequent fencing
across all nodes.  Even after turning up logging, I'm not able to find
anything that stands out.  However, the following keep presenting itself in
corosync.log and I don't know to what it's referring.

Apr 17 04:18:05 corosync [CMAN  ] memb: cmd_get_node failed: id=0, name='�'

Originally, I thought it was complaining that in cluster.conf nodeid starts
at 1 instead of 0, but a quick test and a temporarily broken cluster ruled
that out.

So my question is, what is this error message talking about?  It occurs
every 5 seconds so it seems to me that cman is missing something it's
looking for and I'd like to eliminate it.

Thanks,
Matt