[Linux-cluster] rgmanager or pacemaker?

Patrick Lists linux-cluster-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 20 23:14:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

On 08/19/2013 09:27 PM, Digimer wrote:
[snip]
> You should actually grab the 1.1.10 release from git and use it to build
> the RPMs. 1.1.10 has many important fixes.

I'm in the process of building new libqb, pacemaker and resource-agents
RPMs and will add them to a repo that gets picked up when installing the
2 nodes.

> If you are learning and do not plan to go into production until
> RHEL/CentOS 7 is out, then I would recommend using Fedora 19 for your
> testing and learning. RHEL 7 is expected to be based on Fedora 18/19 and
> pacemaker 1.1.10 is a different beast on EL6 vs EL7/F19.

That definitely makes sense. But given the RHEL7 timeframe I would like
to get my hands dirty while I still have hair :-) So I'll go for CentOS6
with the updated packages. But once I grok this magic to some extend
I'll do a PoC with F19 too so I know what's ahead.

> I've _started_ work on a 3rd tutorial that will be based on Pacemaker /
> EL7. It's *extremely* incomplete and in very early in development, but
> seeing as you're starting out, I suppose it can't hurt.

> https://alteeve.ca/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_3

I read it and it's an excellent start. I look forward to reading the
updates.

Regards,
Patrick