[Linux-cluster] RHCS + DRBD - DRBD file systems not mounting

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 10:35:43 UTC 2013

Greetings,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM, emmanuel segura <emi2fast at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry i'm just curious, why you are using drbd if you have a share storage?

Don't Top post.

SAN is a single point of failure and block level replication is VERY expensive.

OP:

"The mail-store and the mail-queue of postfix will be on the DRBD
setup so that they are replicated from our data center to our disaster
recovery site."

 was obviously implying that the two drbd nodes are geographically
apart. (DC and DR Sites)

DRBD is definitely an option.

My Doubt is about distance over which the cluster will be operating.
RHCS in IMHO inadvisable for long distances unless they are connected
by dozens of fibres. There are issues of fencing etc. So IMHO for long
(how long depends on one's perception acceptable reliability).

Rajagopal