[Linux-cluster] Tripp Lite PDU

I know there has been an agent submitted for this before (see link at the bottom of this email), but I created an agent for the Tripp Lite SNMP Management Card. This agent uses SNMP to issue commands to a Tripp Lite PDU. I have found that some of the limitations mentioned in the past do not seem to exist anymore, which may be a result of a firmware update (I am using version 12.06.0061).

The primary limitation was a delay in the power state change, which had taken up to 35 seconds in the past. I have found no delay over 10 seconds, which improves response time significantly.

I have put this agent into testing in a prototype cluster, and my initial results look good. The model I am testing with is a PDUMH20ATNET. If anyone would like to look over the agent or review it for inclusion, please contact me.

Erik Dorthé
NOC Engineer
CARI.net
858.974.5080 x217