[Linux-cluster] Tripp Lite PDU

Erik Dorthe edorthe at cari.net
Mon Feb 11 16:36:29 UTC 2013

I know there has been an agent submitted for this before (see link at the
bottom of this email), but I created an agent for the Tripp Lite SNMP
Management Card. This agent uses SNMP to issue commands to a Tripp Lite
PDU. I have found that some of the limitations mentioned in the past do not
seem to exist anymore, which may be a result of a firmware update (I am
using version 12.06.0061).

The primary limitation was a delay in the power state change, which had
taken up to 35 seconds in the past. I have found no delay over 10 seconds,
which improves response time significantly.

I have put this agent into testing in a prototype cluster, and my initial
results look good. The model I am testing with is a PDUMH20ATNET. If anyone
would like to look over the agent or review it for inclusion, please
contact me.

Previously submitted agent:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2008-November/msg00215.html

Erik Dorthé