Re: [Linux-cluster] Tripp Lite PDU

On 02/11/2013 11:36 AM, Erik Dorthe wrote:
I know there has been an agent submitted for this before (see link at
the bottom of this email), but I created an agent for the Tripp Lite
SNMP Management Card. This agent uses SNMP to issue commands to a Tripp
Lite PDU. I have found that some of the limitations mentioned in the
past do not seem to exist anymore, which may be a result of a firmware
update (I am using version 12.06.0061).

The primary limitation was a delay in the power state change, which had
taken up to 35 seconds in the past. I have found no delay over 10
seconds, which improves response time significantly.

I have put this agent into testing in a prototype cluster, and my
initial results look good. The model I am testing with is a
PDUMH20ATNET. If anyone would like to look over the agent or review it
for inclusion, please contact me.

Previously submitted agent:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2008-November/msg00215.html

Erik Dorthé
NOC Engineer
CARI.net
858.974.5080 x217
edorthe cari net <mailto:edorthe cari net>

<http://www.cari.net/>

For what it's worth, I also wrote an agent for the tripplite PDUs (though I no longer own one). Feel free to use/adapt/discard whatever helps support the devices.

https://github.com/digimer/fence_tripplite_snmp

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?