[Linux-cluster] Please settle a bet for me

Hi list,

We are having a discussion about clustering on RHEL 5.2 and 5.4.

Knowing that there are no supported fence devices for VMWare 4.1 and the given versions of RHEL.

As far as I can tell there must be a fence device for any type of automatic fail over, but coworkers areĀ insistingĀ that if a clustered process dies it can and will automatically start/fail over... it just won't if there is a hardware failure. They are also saying that you will be able to move processes from one node to another without fencing.

I am insisting that clustering does not work without an fence device.

Please settle this :)

--
Thanks,
Bill G.