[Linux-cluster] problem with rgmanager & depend / depend_mode

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Sat Nov 16 13:46:45 UTC 2013

On 11/15/2013 07:31 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 11/15/2013 06:09 AM, Digimer issued this missive:

>>> rgmanager doesn´t support inter-service dependencies other than for
>>> start action.
>>>
>>> Two options:
>>> 1) move to pacemaker ;)
>>> 2) you need a custom rgmanager init script that on stop it will
>>>     either migrate the services out of the current node and then
>>>     stop (if the other nodes are alive), or shutdown the services
>>>     in the correct order
>>>
>>> Fabio
>>
>> Pacemaker is in the works. Will take a while though.
>>
>> So 'depend' and 'depend_mode' don't work. Might be worth updating the
>> notes in the vm.sh meta-data.
>
> If I read Fabio's response correctly, in rgmanager they work for
> _starting_ the service, but do NOT work for _stopping_ the service.

There might also be a bug in vm.sh.

If you look closely in /usr/share/cluster, the definition of <service is
an agent itself. depend and depend_mode come from that definition.

Since we never really supported service dependency and that vm can
operate at the same level of service, it's possible that vm.sh needs
patching for that to work the way digimer needs.

But then, even if patched, it would only work for start use case. Stop
still needs some extra work.

Fabio