[Linux-cluster] failover domain and service start

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 20:51:14 UTC 2013

I found the workaround to my issue. What i did is:

run the vm using xm and then start using cluvscadm. This works for me for
the time being but I am not sure what is causing this. This is what I did

xm create /vms_c/guest1
clusvcadm -e vm: guest1 ( This detects that guest1 is up and quickly
changes its status to success)

Although i used virt-install, it also create a xem format configuration
file and since use_virsh=0 it should be able to use this xen format config
file. This is my vm configuration:

---
name = "guest1"
maxmem = 2048
memory = 512
vcpus = 1
#cpus="1-2"
bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "restart"
on_crash = "restart"
vfb = [  ]
disk = [ "tap:aio:/vms_c/guest1.img,xvda,w",
"tap:aio:/vms_c/guest1-disk.img,xvdb,w" ]
vif = [ "rate=10MB/s,mac=00:16:3e:6b:be:71,bridge=xenbr0" ]

---

Thanks for you help Emmanuel ! Really appreciate it.

-Paras.