Re: [Linux-cluster] Restarting GFS2 without reboot

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 12:15:31PM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Well the logs appear to suggest that one of the nodes at least has been
> fenced at some stage.

I have to admit that fencing hasn't been enabled in this cluster, 90% of
jobs on these 2 nodes are working with other storage that is accessible
by NFS. So it wouldn't be okay to reboot a node due to any problems with
GFS2.

> > It seems that it has happened due to some traffic congestion.
> Do you have separate networks for cluster traffic and other traffic?
> That will help to prevent this kind of thing. Also you can use tc to
> ensure that the cluster traffic will always get through.

Oh, yes, I'm going to use a separate physical NICs for interaction with
that storage, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Thank you.

--
V.Melnik