[Linux-cluster] Odd timing with fence_ipmilan

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Oct 30 15:46:59 UTC 2013

I noticed that with fence_ipmilan on RHEL 6.4
(fence-agents-3.1.5-25.el6_4.2.x86_64), fencing action "reboot" takes
cosistently about 18 seconds to complete. If I do a simple 'reboot'
action or if I do three separate 'off -> status -> on' calls results in
pretty much the same timing.

However, if I use ipmitool to do the off -> status -> on, it takes about
5~6 seconds (re-running 'status' roughly once/second until status shows
'off').

Is there a way to tweak fence_ipmilan to complete faster without risking
failure?

Thanks!

--
Digimer