[Linux-cluster] bug in GFS2?

Pavel Herrmann morpheus.ibis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 07:59:56 UTC 2013

Hi

On Thursday 26 of September 2013 08:28:50 Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> 25.09.2013 17:25, Pavel Herrmann wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to build a two-node cluster for samba, but I'm having some
> > GFS2
> > issues.
> >
> > The nodes themselves run as virtual machines in KVM (on different hosts),
> > use gentoo kernel 3.10.7 (not sure what exact version of vanilla it is
> > based on), and I use the cluster-next stack in somewhat minimal
> > configuration (corosync-2 with DLM-4, no pacemaker).
>
> Just a note.
> dlm-4 (and thus gfs) requires stonith-ng subsystem of pacemaker to be
> running, otherwise it is unable to query/perform fencing and many funny
> things may happen. I believe something was done in the pacemaker code to
> allow stonithd (daemon implementing stonith-ng) to be run independently
> of the rest of pacemaker.

>From looking at a bit of fencing code, there was no (obvious) dependency on
pacemaker. I do have fencing set up, using a custom script that connects to
the other nodes qemu console and forcibly reboots it. In testing (that is
stopping one of the nodes from said console) it worked perfectly, but in the
case of this lockup it was not invoked (logging the date is of course part of
the script).

regards
Pavel Herrmann