From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Arnold Krille
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 03:18 PM
To: linux-cluster redhat com
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] What happens if a node running a cloned resource crashes

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 14:32:27 -0600 "Vallevand, Mark K"
<Mark Vallevand UNISYS com> wrote:
> If I have 5 nodes in my cluster and I have a cloned resource running
> on 4 of them (clone_max=4), and one of the 4 crashes, will an
> instance of the cloned resource be started on the 5th node?

Thats the idea!

You tell the cluster to run up to 4 cloned resources on the cluster as
long as possible (high availability!). And as long as possible, it will
run these four resources. It might even run several of these resources
on one node. You have to set clone-node-max appropriately to prevent all
four resources running on one node.

Have fun,

Arnold