Re: [Linux-cluster] Introduction to clusters

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Rajagopal Swaminathan
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:50 AM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Introduction to clusters

Greetings,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:05 AM, Phukan, Amitakhya <Amitakhya Phukan williams com> wrote:
> I am new to Linux clusters. Need some help in getting around with it.
> Can someone point me to any beginner's guide etc.?

There are two kinds of clusters:
1. High Performance Clusters (HPC) -- essentially used for number crunching 2. High Availability Clusters

This list's focus is HA Clusters.

You can have a look at these:

https://alteeve.ca/w/Main_Page

especially

https://alteeve.ca/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_2

for HA Clusters.

Can you clarify further what kind of cluster you are looking for?

--
Regards,

Rajagopal