Re: [Linux-cluster] CLVM & CMAN live adding nodes

I know if you need to modify anything outside <rm>... </rm>{used by rgmanager} tag in the cluster.conf file, you need to restart the whole cluster stack, with cman+rgmanager i have never seen how to add a node and remove a node from cluster without restart cman.

Hi all,

who's using CLVM with CMAN in a cluster with more than 2 nodes in production ?
Did you guys got it to manage to live add a new node to the cluster while everything is running ?
I'm only able to add nodes while the cluster stack is shutdown.
That's certainly not a good idea when you have to run CLVM on hypervisors and you need to shutdown all VMs to add a new box.
Would be also good if you paste some of your configs using IPMI fencingĀ

Thanks in advance,
Bjoern