Re: [Linux-cluster] [Cluster-devel] CMAN/DLM without SCTP

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM, David Teigland <teigland redhat com> wrote:

> That's a fine solution.  You might also be able to use
> 'service cman start quorum'.

Apart from DLM, wouldn't this prevent fenced from starting? Trying this caused cman status to be non-zero (fenced is stopped), causing pacemaker start to force a "cman start".

> The cman init script could probably
> use some sysconfig option to either disable dlm/gfs2/etc or to
> tell it to quit after the quorum step.

I can help do this. Is there an equivalent example I can look at? Would you envision this to be exported as a exclude-functionality type of config or more as a breakpoint=foo (linear/procedural exclusion)?

> Not long ago it was possible to avoid loading sctp, but people kept adding
> sctp symbols and I didn't have to time to try to keep them out.  It would
> be nice if that could be corrected again.

Any pointers on which release/timeline can I go look back at source from? I can take a shot at replicating that.

Thanks again
Pratik