[Linux-cluster] fencing debugging ipmilan/idrac

Benjamin Budts ben at zentrix.be
Tue Jan 28 13:27:29 UTC 2014

Gents,

How can I see the exact command that is sent my ipmilan/idrac interface from
the active node trying to fence the other one ?

I have a DELL R610, tried configuring idrac as fencing but I get an error,
now I tried via ipmilan but still errors.

Webinterface works fine, telnet is not enabled but ssh is.

Increased debug loglevel of fenced, but still can't see the exact command
that is sent to fence

JAN 28 12 :13 :04 fenced Fencing node2.test.local

JAN 28 12 :13 :09 fenced fence node2.test.local dev 0/0 agent fence_ipmilan
result: error from agent

Thx

Ben