[Linux-cluster] 2-node cluster fence loop

Arun G Nair arun.nair at dimensiondata.com
Wed Jun 11 14:48:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

   What are the reasons for fence loops when only cman is started ? We have
an RHEL 6.5 2-node cluster which goes in to a fence loop and every time we
start cman on both nodes. Either one fences the other. Multicast seems to
be working properly. My understanding is that without rgmanager running
there won't be a multicast group subscription ? I don't see the multicast
address in 'netstat -g' unless rgmanager is running. I've tried to increase
the fence post_join_delay but one of the nodes still gets fenced.

The cluster works fine if we use unicast UDP.

Thanks,
--
Arun G Nair <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XRCYXBH>