[Linux-cluster] fence Agent

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Jun 22 08:31:23 UTC 2014

On 22/06/14 03:55 AM, Amjad Syed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup a simple 2 node cluster in active/passive mode for
> oracle high availability
>
> We are using one  INSPUR server and one HP proliant (Management decision
> based on  hardware availability)   and we are seeing if we can use IPMI
> as fencing method
>
> CCHS though supports HP ILO, DELL IPMI, IBM , but not  INSPUR.
>
> So the basic question i have is what if we can use fence_ILO (for HP)
> and fence_ipmilan (For INSPUR)?
>
> IF any one have any experience with fence_ipmilan or point to resources
> , it would really be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Amjad

fence_ipmilan works with just about every IPMI-based out of band
management interface. Most of those branded ones, like DRAC, RSA, iLO,
etc are fundamentally based on IPMI. I've used fence_ipmilan on iLO
personally and it's fine.

If you can show what 'ipmitool' command you use that can show if the
peer is powered on or off, then you should be able to translate it quite
easily to a matching fence_ipmilan call (check man fence_ipmilan for the
switches). Once you can check the power status of the peer(s) with
fence_ipmilan, you're 95% of the way there.

cheers

--
Digimer
access to education?