[linux-lvm] SYLOG MESSAGES

Hi,

This is a great feature for Linux and looong overdue. I'm usually using some
form of volume management  be it Dec OSF Volume Manager, Solaris's Veritas
 really DEC's version of a.k.a Veritas) , IBM's AIX ( really great product)
, and even HP's LVM ( which can be tricky without patches). This software is
closer to HP's implementation than the others I usually deal with.

I only have one small sniggling problem. Whenever I issue any type of "pv"
or "vg" command  I see a number of the following messages in my syslog file:

Apr 16 23:16:11 sabrina modprobe: can't locate module block-major-33
Apr 16 23:16:11 sabrina last message repeated 5 times
Apr 16 23:16:11 sabrina modprobe: can't locate module block-major-34
Apr 16 23:16:11 sabrina last message repeated 5 times
Apr 16 23:16:11 sabrina modprobe: can't locate module block-major-9
Apr 16 23:16:12 sabrina last message repeated 9 times
Apr 16 23:16:12 sabrina modprobe: can't locate module block-major-8

This doesn't happen with any of the "lv" commands, but I'm keeping my eyes
open for anything strange.  Am I missing something in my module
configuration????  The LVM program is built into my kernel not as a module
and my kernel is mostly monolithic except for a few networking and msdos
filesystem devices.

Acck ... here is my config before you ask! :)

RedHat Linux 2.2.5 #12 SMP ( Dual P200's MMX)
64 meg ram
LVM version 0.6 with the latest patch lvm_0.6-patch-15031999a.gz
and the usual stuff ... Sound, CDROM, 3com NIC  etc cetera...

The box has all of my partitions created using LVM in three volume groups
except for the root partition.. I need it to boot for now. The configuration
is strictly IDE. The only SCSI device is a 6 pack 4mm HP SureStore Dat tape
drive using an Adaptec 2120 card. It's the only device on the chain.

Other than these messages the box is solid ... I currently run the Linux
version of Oracle8 ... nothing heavy duty with the application yet. I'm
still poking around with some web and RDBMS application stuff.

Any ideas???

C.J.