[linux-lvm] vgscan & vgchange -a y location in startup scripts

On my Alpha, with RedHat 5.2 (SysV style init), where exactly should I
put the vgscan and vgchange -a y?

** Should I put it in /etc/init.d/rc.sysinit?  And if so, should it be
AFTER mounting / and /proc (but before, of course, mounting anything
else)?

** Should it be after fsck runs?

I have the kernel patched and lvm installed (with patch) and I'm ready
to try it out.  But I need to know just where to put vgscan and vgchange
-a y!

THANKS!

Regards,

--Eric Smith