[linux-lvm] lvm 0.6 not work

Hi

I have install lvm 0.6 on my computer. I have patch the kernel,
and then, I have build the tools, and a new kernel, with the lvm-
modules. after the reboot with the new kernel, I have call vgscan
This command is not running on my system an it give a errormessage.
	lvm_iop_version -- CALLD
	lv_status_internal -- AFTER ioctl ret: -105
	lvm_IOP_version -- LEAVING with ret: -105
I can't found a specialdevice lvm in the dev-dir. How can I create it.
What is the minor and major-number of the device. I hope anywhere can
help me.

bye s. wirth