[linux-lvm] initrd and stripped / volume

Moin,

has anyone experience in setting up a system with initrd and the root
partition on a stripped logical volume. So far Im only able to boot from
initrd, but when the System tries to mount / i got error messages: trying to
access beyond of device.

Is it possible ? ( I know I need good backups for such a setup )

   Torsten