[linux-lvm] problems with mdutils(raid1) and lvm

Hi,

I managed to setup a system with lvm and raid1 on the root volume (using
initrd , SuSE 6.3 )
Now I think of what will happen in case of disk failures. With "normal"
raid1 (say /dev/md0 = /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 ) I am able to mount /dev/sda1
even if ckraid failed. With lvm : vgscan didn't find my vg00 if /dev/md0 is
not present. Therefor I can't recover my system from the remaining disk(s).
Is there a way to activate such a volume group ?
Mirroring is useless if it requires that all disks are sane.

	Torsten