[linux-lvm] LVM 0.8i non-SMP compile fails 2.3.3[345]

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Thu Dec 30 18:35:33 UTC 1999

Hello Shane.

I have mixed news for you ... no new SMP box but instead a fix to the
compile problem.

> Compiling the latest dev kernels with LVM 0.8i fails when compiled for UP.
> The same SMP kernels compile and run ok, ( using 2.3.35 smp now).
> Unfortunately I don't have an smp box. But, I agree that the _obvious_ fix
> would be for some generous soul to send a nice smp setup! :))

In include/linux/lvm.h please change the
#include <asm/spinlock.h>
against
#include <linux/spinlock.h>

This should fix the problem
Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software AG
E-Mail: mike at msede.com      Besenbruchstrasse 9