Re: [linux-lvm] Problems on compile

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> Thank you Shawn.
>
> It's concerned with BSD disk label support.
> I never choosed that config option ;*)
>
> It will be in 0.6alpha anyway.
>
> BTW: hope to bring out 0.6alpha including some features and
>      bug fixes before march.

I did not apply the patch, but deselecting the BSD disk label support gave
me a clean compile.  Thanks for the help.

The creation of volume groups and logical volumes works wonderfully.
However, making an e2fs filesystem on a logical volume that is part of a 2
physical volume group causes a null pointer dereference and a kernel dump,
which causes the kernel to dump it's registers to screen.

I can sucessfully make an e2fs filesystem on a logical volume that is part
of a 1 physical volume group.  I can also mount it.  I can touch a file on
the filesystem, but any data that is written to the filesystem causes
a similar kernel dump.

After I connect a serial console to my machine I should be able to get
details.

But one general question:  Has smp support been tested?  I'm willing to be
the guinea pig. :)

)chris(

Chris Stamborski   |    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a
cstambor uiuc edu  |	 better idiot."