[linux-lvm] loopback support?

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked before (Mar 16),
but are there patches for making lvm work over the
loopback device? I need to do some testing of my
ext2 resizer on 2gig+ filesystems. All my partitions
together (including the DOS ones*) might just have
enough space free for this. I´ve tried some patching
lvm before, but I believe the lvm code thinks that p´s
in a device name are special in some way
(/dev/loo´p´0 **).

Thanks in advance,

Lennert Buytenhek
<buytenh dsv nl>

* Yes, I know, and flames go to /dev/null. I have parents
and I can´t do much about it :-). And I´m getting tired of
this needing to defend myself.

** Is this related to the c0s0p0t0x0y0z0 stuff that devfs
is so fond of?