Re: [linux-lvm] ERROR -6 activating volume group

Steve_J_Brueggeman notes seagate com (Steve_J_Brueggeman notes seagate com) wrote :

> It looks like you may have compiled LVM as a module, but do not have it
> loaded, or else, your group char device file /dev/vg00/group has
> not been created correctly.

yes, it's compiled as a module, that's right. one more (huh) thing to mention, usage count for LVM modules is _decreased_ after _each_ vgchange, so it's -6 right now.

> I'd strongly suspect that you do not have your module loaded, as this is
> the most common problem.

I do, check ^^^

> If you want your lvm.o module loaded automatically by kerneld, add the
> following lines to your /etc/conf.modules file
> alias block-major-58 lvm
> alias char-major-109 lvm

that's done, that's okay with me.

--
                                             freddy

----==-- _                      Adrien "freddy" Farkas
---==---(_)__  __ ____  __       freddy sk oracle com
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  We all know Linux is great... It
-=====/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\  does infinite loops in 5 seconds