[linux-lvm] lvm-0.6, Linux 2.2.9

Rolf Jakob rjakob at duffy1.franken.de
Fri Jun 18 19:06:29 UTC 1999

> I had also found an old utility (extend2fs v0.1) at tsx-11.mit.edu
> (I think) which claimed to allow resizing of ext2 filesystems
> dynamically by concatenating disks.  Since you could consider this
> conceptually the same as adding LEs to the end of a LV, it may be
> possible to modify the code to work with LVM.  The code was originally
> written by Miguel de Icaza, but when I contacted him, he was too
> busy working on other projects (GNOME I think) to work on this anymore.
> If anyone is interested in this code, I can send it to them or put
> it on my web site, as it appears that tsx-11 is not currently
> available.

Yes, that is very interesting. Ext2fs has been there for quite a long time,
so chances are good that it still works. I would like to take a look at it.

Could you please send it to me or mail the URL where you put it ?

Rolf
--
Rolf Jakob at home (rjakob at duffy1.franken.de)
WWW : http://www.franken.de/users/duffy1/rjakob (KDE-Utils and CCS)