Re: [linux-lvm] booting with lvm

Hi,

> all your disk-driver modules. Do you have the drivers in your kernel? Also,

Of course I have the scsi adapter driver and scsi disk support in the kernel,
otherwise I could not boot anyway.

> you have to have /dev files in your ramdisk, so that vgscan can find the
> disks. As you may have already noticed from this list, a logical volume

vgscan and vgchange work fine from the ramdisk. This is not the problem.
I get a message that my volume group is activated and I can even mount the
/ for copying over the files from /etc (this was mainly for testing).
vgscan can find the volume group with a devfs mounted /dev.

> cannot boot, nor can it contain any files lilo needs during boot. However,
> the / filesystem works fine with lvm.

Not here. As long as linuxrc is running everything works as expected.
The problem is that the kernel cannot mount my root filesystem sitting on
a LV after exiting linuxrc.
Has anyone tried this with Linux 2.2.1 ??

Rolf
--
Rolf Jakob at home (rjakob duffy1 franken de)
WWW : http://www.franken.de/users/duffy1/rjakob